Thursday, January 27, 2011

Weird ? It's called being Original, baby !



OK people, let's clear something here : just because you never saw something like this before doesn't mean that it's weird, odd or strange ! It's called creativity, imagination and being original. Of course, you can find ugly things too ( that I would hardly call them "art" and I wonder who  would ever wear them) but most of the times they are  original pieces and that's what make the artist who created them truly unique. It's hard to come up with new designs, there are so many out there, that you would say " everything that could be invented was already discovered" !

Well, here are some of the most original designs and/or used materials  that I found, and we should be grateful to these artists for being able to come up with something new !

Asymmetrical Zipper Necklace



RECYCLED CIRCUIT BOARD Earrings Geekery Steampunk Jewelry



Sapphire and Steel Adjustable Ring



Bead Sculpture Male Cardinal Necklace



Funky Unusual Hematite Cocktail Style Ring



Free form Wire Necklace SPRSWD



Unusual Blue and Silver Hardware Choker and Earrings Set




Note : these are random finds using the "odd, unusuall, original, strange, weird" keywords on Etsy and Art Fire

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow! Thanks for featuring my necklace on your blog.

Monica said...

Always my pleasure to discover great new artisans !

Leta Porter said...

Very,Very cool items!! Thanks for sharing

Marigold said...

Great finds - the creation with the blue hardware is spectacular and the beaded cardinal is gorgeous. I've never seen anything like it! Thanks for including my zipper necklace.

Leilani said...

I was so suprised & flattered to be featured! Thanks for choosing my hematite ring! I am among good company the items here are too cool!