Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The mistery of the missing kittens

Some of you might remember the 5 new borns that I found on my backyard. Well, about a week ago, after a terrible torrential rain that killed us all night long, Mommy moved them from the box that I've made for them ( the box was waterproof, but after that night, the water inside was 2 inches tall, and the kittens all soaked ). Since then, I wondered every day where she moved them and if they are ok. My worry was that we have many dogs walking the development ( with their owners, no stray dogs ) and some of them might spot the kittens... To my relieve, last evening a Lady rang the bell, asking if the kittens on the side of the house are ours - that her dog ( a beautiful and playful Collie ) found them and since then every single day he's going there and try to play with them !!!!! ( he's having at home a feline pal, so he thinks that all cats are his friends ). I went outside and she showed me their new place... I was so happy to find them, but still I'm worry for their safety - they are right on the dogs walking alley... They are beautiful, they grew, the fur is shiny, they opened their eyes and they started exploring the surroundings ! The nice Lady ( her name is Faith ) came with milk and cat food for them, but the most amazing thing that totally took me by surprize, was WHO WAS BABYSITTING THEM !!!!! You'll never guess. Well, Mommy 's having three more siblings, same age, and one of them ( the grey boy ) was babysitting the kittens ! Can you believe that ? Now I have to figure out how to move them back on my yard so I don't have to worry about the dogs ... And I'm thinking to take one of them inside to keep company to my Charlie ( If I can convince my better half that one more cat is not going to kill him ) ! Who wants to adopt a kitten ? There are 4 more looking for a loving home !

7 comments:

Marybeadz said...

aw they are so cute! how about taking them to a local animal shelter so they are safe from other animals? Unless you can find good homes for tem all. If it were me I'd have a hard time not keeping them all :)

Monica said...

Hi Mary Beth ! I tried, no shelter is taking them, they are full, and the animal control if is not finding them homes they go to sleep. So for now I'm feeding them, hoping that from all the nice home owners around here some will give them a chance :)

Split Rock Ranch said...

I'm so glad they're safe! They are adorable and I hope you're able to get them back in your back yard where you can keep an eye on them. My youngest bottle fed male cat loves our foster kittens. He is still going around the house yowling looking for the two that went to their furever homes two weeks ago!

Monica said...

oh, Brenda, I know, they get attached and then they are looking for them all over. It happened this with my Birman cat in Bucharest after we lost ( to cancer ) out beloved black cat. He grew up with her and he missed her tremendously ( to the point of refusing to eat ), it broke my heart. That's why I decided to bring him another kitten, who end up tormenting him with her crazyness !

sapone bolla soapy blog said...

aw that is adorable. I am glad you found them and they are doing to well

Monica said...

Thank you Debbie, I was really worry, they were so tiny !

The Jewelry Box said...

awww...they are sooooo adorable! I'm a huge cat lover with 5 of my own. Used to be 6, buy my oldest (18 years old) passed away last month from cancer. It's still so hard without her. I hope you find them homes soon and glad to know they are okay. Bless you for taking care of them!