Sunday, May 23, 2010

A laizy Saturday evening with a big Question Mark ....

As it was a beautiful and laizy afternoon, I decided to open the garage door and plant my new palm tree while junior was drawing with his new chalk on the driveway. It took him less than three minutes to get bored of that acitivity and he asked me if he can water the flowers. Yes, I said, it's hot and a little water playing will be fun. So I went on the side of the house to open the fosset, when I heard the typical kittens meawing, the desperate one ! I followed the screams, and I found them far from their home, behind a bush. I start asking myself if mommy moved them - a day before I took them out and play with them for a little bit, so I thought that maybe she moved them because of this. I went back to their old place, and to my total confusion, all of them were there.... Back to the first bush again ! Looking carefully again, I noticed that these ones have different colors.... So back and forth between the two bushes, it took me an embarrasing three minutes to realize that there are ... two litters ! And the uncle that was babysitting the first ones, was actually the aunt, having her own litter ! Same age, so the two sisters gave birth in the same time ! Now, if you think it was hard to decide between five, imagine how is gonna be to decide between ten ! Both litters have five kittens each. Any amateurs for adoptions ???? Oh man, what I'm going to do with 10 kittens around the house ?

4 comments:

Leta Porter said...

I wish I lived nearby because we can always use another kitty. Good luck Monique~~

sapone bolla soapy blog said...

See if there is a no kill shelter in your area. they may be able to help you find homes for the kitties and get the moms "fixed" so this problem doesn't happen again. I wish I could have seen your face when you figured it out though!

PoetessWug said...

All I can say is AWWWWWWW! :-)

Cordelia said...

OMG Monique!! My friends in Miami just gave 4 out of six to a shelter. They gave one to a friend and kept one. They were a lot of work.I can just see F."s face when you said,"Honey, we have some visitors"... LOL
Spring is in the air.
We have had baby as well as adult alligators in the canal behind the house. At night we have heard their mating calls and seen them flipping around in the mating dance.Welcome to Florida!!